The Importance of Value and Price

Price is what you pay.  Value is what you get.

When you select a carpet cleaner, you’ll choose from a wide variety of cleaning methods and prices.

Shaw Industries, the world’s largest carpet manufacturer, recommends hot water extraction from a truck-mounted unit, and using a professional portable system only in areas where the truck-mounted unit won’t reach.

Here’s why:  a truck-mounted unit cleans much better than a portable unit for three reasons:

  1. It heats the water to a higher temperature.  For every 18 degree increase in temperature above 118 degrees F, you double the water’s cleaning ability.  So if the water temperature is 136 degrees F, it will clean twice as well as water that is 118 degrees F.  154 degree water will clean four times as well as 118 degree water.  And so on, until you reach a water temperature of 250 degrees F.
  2. It rinses your carpet with higher pressure solution, which breaks up the dirt, bacteria, chemicals and pollens, 300 to 400 pounds per square inch is the optimum pressure for truck-mounted hot water extraction.
  3. The machine uses bigger vacuume with stronger suction to remove the dirt, chemicals, bacteria, pollens and tobacco smoke residue out of your carpet.

Not surprisingly, having your carpet thoroughly cleaned with truck-mount hot water extraction costs more than renting a machine at the corner grocery store or buying your very own personal steam cleaner from the store.  But look at this…

A Recent study by the Carpet and Rug Institute showed that the personal steam cleaning machines removed only 6% of the soil leaving an amazing 94% of the soil in your carpet, while the rental machines from the grocery store removed only 15% of the soil which leaves 85% of the soil in the carpet …

carpet cleaning comparison strip

So if you want to clean your carpets then using your own personal carpet cleaning  machine or renting one from the store can work, no question, you will get out some of the dirt – But with all that backbreaking work and time you’ll only remove 6%-15% of the soil, plus all the pollens, chemicals, bacteria and dust mite residues will stay in your carpet for your children to crawl on … is it worth it … you decide.

On the other hand Truck Mounted Systems, just like the one we use removed a whopping 90+% of the soil. – if you want your carpet to look good and give you years of dependable service – then you need to take extra good care of it.  This means you need to have it cleaned by a skilled, qualified technician at least every six months to a year, depending on the amount of soiling and foot traffic it receives.  And you need to have it cleaned thoroughly and disinfected, as only a truck-mount hot water extractor can do.